Scarred for life because of you
And all the shit you put me through
you tried to hurt me, even kill me too
but your plans were doomed
bcuz it wasn’t in God’s plan for me you see.
Did it make u feel like a big man
Hitting the mother of your child,
But help me understandDid it give you a sense of brotherhood.
Did I make u feel misunderstood. Did you see the black eyes you left behind
You beat my ass, but still I wanted to find.
Love in you, because my dumb ass thought
Things would be okay, and you’re love was true.
Why do we tell ourselves that, after every hit to the face.
You’re just a disgrace. You put me through a lot,
Made me bury our 27 day old son alone
Crying in the night, wanting you to just be here for me
I loved you with my whole soul, you didn’t didn’t want to see.
But it’s okay, and it’s over nowYou can no longer hurt me
I don’t blame you for everything that went wrongI played my part too.
See, I allowed you to hit me,
I allowed you to lieI played the victim, when I could have gotten away
But when you love someone like I loved youIt’s hard to just walk away.
I thought we’d be able to work things throughBut it was only an illusion,
I woke up one day.
Realized you were no good for me
Realized you were everything I didn’t want in a man
Once I decided to say enough was enough
You wasn’t having it, so you played rough
But it wasn’t a game.
It was my life you wanted
So now I’m scarred for life
Not just emotional..but physical and mental.
You took matters into your own handsAnd tried to kill me that day
It was then, that I knew I had to walk away
You’ll never know just how much I hated you
But how I hated myself for staying with you, too
They say what doesn’t kill us, only makes us strongerIn many ways,
I have to agree, the longer I stayedThe stronger I became
Got the courage to get help and walk away.
Finally, I see brighter daysIt wasn’t easy
And boy did I have some battles to fight
But I endured through it, battled with all my might
See, I’m not that timid lil girl any more
You can no longer bully meAnd I go hiding.
But you know, none of that matter now.
The battle is over, and the war is mine
You use to beat my ass, even stabbed me too
But no more can u hurt me. I’ve become the woman you didn’t want me to be
I’m victorious over you, you see
Even though you put me through a lot of mystery and strife.
And forever,
We walked along the beach
What a moon lit night
He held my hands in his
He kissed me he said
I wanna spend my life with you
I want you for my wifeJust then I thought
Chorus:What about the times you lied to me
What about the times you said no one would want me
What about all the shit you've done to me
What about that
What about that
What about the times you yelled at me
What about the times I cried
You wouldn't even hold me
What about those things
What about that
What about that
I took a pause
And then a deep sigh
He looked right into my eyes
As he said
I know I didn't say somethin' wrong
I didn't have the courage to say
But then I thoughtRepeat
ChorusOhChorus 2:
What about the times you hit my face
What about the times you kept on when I said
No more please
What about those things
What about that
What about that
oh
What about the times you shamed me
What about the times when you said you didn't fuck her
She only gave you head
What about that
What about that
Don't wanna live my life in misery
Don't tell me you did it 'cause you love me
I don't believe
I'm sick and tired
Your deceptive games
Wonder where you have been
I can't live life wondering
My heart was poundin'
But the time had come
To stop lettin' my whisperin' heart control me
And tellin' my screamin' mind what to do
I looked him straight in the eye
And then I said
Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus 2
Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus 2
And all the shit you put me through
you tried to hurt me, even kill me too
but your plans were doomed
bcuz it wasn’t in God’s plan for me you see.
Did it make u feel like a big man
Hitting the mother of your child,
But help me understandDid it give you a sense of brotherhood.
Did I make u feel misunderstood. Did you see the black eyes you left behind
You beat my ass, but still I wanted to find.
Love in you, because my dumb ass thought
Things would be okay, and you’re love was true.
Why do we tell ourselves that, after every hit to the face.
You’re just a disgrace. You put me through a lot,
Made me bury our 27 day old son alone
Crying in the night, wanting you to just be here for me
I loved you with my whole soul, you didn’t didn’t want to see.
But it’s okay, and it’s over nowYou can no longer hurt me
I don’t blame you for everything that went wrongI played my part too.
See, I allowed you to hit me,
I allowed you to lieI played the victim, when I could have gotten away
But when you love someone like I loved youIt’s hard to just walk away.
I thought we’d be able to work things throughBut it was only an illusion,
I woke up one day.
Realized you were no good for me
Realized you were everything I didn’t want in a man
Once I decided to say enough was enough
You wasn’t having it, so you played rough
But it wasn’t a game.
It was my life you wanted
So now I’m scarred for life
Not just emotional..but physical and mental.
You took matters into your own handsAnd tried to kill me that day
It was then, that I knew I had to walk away
You’ll never know just how much I hated you
But how I hated myself for staying with you, too
They say what doesn’t kill us, only makes us strongerIn many ways,
I have to agree, the longer I stayedThe stronger I became
Got the courage to get help and walk away.
Finally, I see brighter daysIt wasn’t easy
And boy did I have some battles to fight
But I endured through it, battled with all my might
See, I’m not that timid lil girl any more
You can no longer bully meAnd I go hiding.
But you know, none of that matter now.
The battle is over, and the war is mine
You use to beat my ass, even stabbed me too
But no more can u hurt me. I’ve become the woman you didn’t want me to be
I’m victorious over you, you see
Even though you put me through a lot of mystery and strife.
And forever,
We walked along the beach
What a moon lit night
He held my hands in his
He kissed me he said
I wanna spend my life with you
I want you for my wifeJust then I thought
Chorus:What about the times you lied to me
What about the times you said no one would want me
What about all the shit you've done to me
What about that
What about that
What about the times you yelled at me
What about the times I cried
You wouldn't even hold me
What about those things
What about that
What about that
I took a pause
And then a deep sigh
He looked right into my eyes
As he said
I know I didn't say somethin' wrong
I didn't have the courage to say
But then I thoughtRepeat
ChorusOhChorus 2:
What about the times you hit my face
What about the times you kept on when I said
No more please
What about those things
What about that
What about that
oh
What about the times you shamed me
What about the times when you said you didn't fuck her
She only gave you head
What about that
What about that
Don't wanna live my life in misery
Don't tell me you did it 'cause you love me
I don't believe
I'm sick and tired
Your deceptive games
Wonder where you have been
I can't live life wondering
My heart was poundin'
But the time had come
To stop lettin' my whisperin' heart control me
And tellin' my screamin' mind what to do
I looked him straight in the eye
And then I said
Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus 2
Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus 2

No comments:
Post a Comment