Sunday, December 14, 2008

Question of the weekend - 12-13-2008

So I'm started this thing that I'm calling the Question of the weekend. This is where I text message friends in my phone on Saturday morning and give them a chance to respond. This quesition could represent either just a random silly question, a question that I may need help with or someone else may need help with, something that wil make you think, laugh, or maybe I'm just being nosy getting into their personal business. They can answer or not, I wont get mad. But I just like to get the different responsed. It shows just how different my friends are, but just how we all have something in common.

So I have decided to add the questions to my blog.



This weekend's question was;

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE ALL THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE, BUT LIVE A SHORT UNHAPPY LIFE. OR LIFE AN AVERAGE HAPPY LONG LIFE?

Most of my friends said have a long happy aver life. I had a few that said the short finer things and be unhappy.

I will just quote 3 that stood out to me.

Dee says: "Like Mary J, I just want to be happy. GIve me the average happy life."

Dwight says: "I am happy with my life now. Getting what I want and living a nice happy life without worrying about materalistic things. Happy is the way to go."

Rico says: We're all going to die, so give me my mansion, cars, boats, jewelry, chicks now. I dont want to be 75 still struggling. I mean, how happy are you in debt, dont know where your next meal will come from and robbing Peter to pay Paul."

My thoughts on the matter:

I was

My thought:

I was torn for a minute. Because onne ssaid of me says, 10 out of 10 of us will die. So why not enjoy the finer things and dpending on how wealthy I am, I can try to buy happiness. who wants to be old and still living pay check to pay check.

But the other said of me says mone cant buy happiness, no matter how hard you try. And I do want to be happy. SO living a happy fulfilled average life with a few struggles and bumps in the road, may not be so bad.

That's our two cents: tell me about yours?


(F.Y.I> - My blog is set so anyone can post a comment. SO post away. Just be mindful and respectful. I would love ot hear...well read your thoughts)

No comments: