Yes, I'm a little late, but last weekend's question was:
"WHEN DO YOU TRULY KNOW WHEN TO COMPLETELY LET GO?"
This question is personally motivated. I struggle in this area and find myself holding on to people and things that really dont mean me any good.
I received some great responses, so I"m going to list a lot of them here.
Stinky says: When it's doing you no good, let it go. Anything GOd gives you is good.
(got me to thinking, but when do you truly know when GOD gives you something, the devil is sneaky and wears many disquised hats).
Stinky replies again: If that person is meant to be in your life, then no matter what happens, they will be there. Pray for guidance. HE (GOD), will give you the desires of your heart.
Reggie in Cali says: When there is absolutely no chance, no matter what.
Tina says: Once I have had enough. My heart is way too valuable and precious to continually be misused and abused.
Aries says: when you keep stressing over it and it's driving you nuts.
Velvet says: when you lose you to get it.
Sylky says: when you lose a little bit of your sould, it'st ime to let it go.
Soulful says: when all Id o is stress or cry over the person. that lets me know it's unhealthy and time to let go. Letting go doesn't mean you have to forget or that you even will.
Dee says: when you are accomplishing nothing, it's time to let go.
Babii says: when you place them before GOD and your staart to lose yourself or do things outside of your character in a bad way. Or when after being with the person you have compromised, given and sacrified and find that you have nothing in return, haven't grown or taken anything away from their involvement in your life.
Sockie says: when it's more aggravation then good.
Kali says: when you are tired.
A few folks said depends on the person, thing or situation.
And lastly Rico: (he will be the person that will always have a voice on anything and everything and his ideas, ways and thoughts aren't always conventional). It just depends, like my mom or my daughter, even though my mom has wronged me and my daughter is a bad ass smart mouth, there is nothing either of them can do that will make me give up on them, unless they kill one another. If it's a chick I'm dealing with,and she's too negative, dont want nothing out of life, and aint trying to do shit, then she'll be dropped quick. If it's a nigga in the street, that has stole from me, lied to me, or jus the fact, I get a bad vibe from them, I aint goign to fuck with them a whole lot. If it's you Nora, I'mma just fuck ya short ass up and tell you to get a grip. (Yes, I dont know why he put me in it either. I'm damn near perfect. [wink]).
My thoughts:
I'm not sure I actually figured out that answer yet. iit seems I hold on even when I know the person or thing isn't doing any good being in my life. i hold on thinking something will change. that the person will realize that I care a great deal about them and will be there for them. Sometimes it's because some how a person creeped into my heart and i cant stop thinking about them or caring about them. more then likely, we've interacted on more then several occassions and i see they may be able to add something valuable to my life. i dont know i try to justify why i allow someone to stay in my life even after they have proved on more then one occasion they either dont want to be there or mean me no good.
Letting go is hard for me. But I am learning more and more it I truly want peace, I just have to do it.
Even though Brandon didn't answer the question, he asked me:
what d u think is stopping u from doing what u need to do?
My answer:
i think it's fear, not really wanting to, wanting them to be there for me like i have for them, there's many reasons i come up with for holding on.
That's our two cents: tell me about yours?
(F.Y.I> - My blog is set so anyone can post a comment. SO post away. Just be mindful and respectful. I would love to hear...well read your thoughts)
Dwindling Thoughts
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment