It's ironic this came up in Bible Class.
Today a had a conversation with a friend today, and what he said really hurt my feelings. He said he didn't mean what he said, in a hurtful way, and I even believe him, but doesn't mean it didn't hurt any less. And I was mad at him, and I'm sure he was frustrated with me. Especially after the last convo when I just hung up the phone. But anyways this scripture came up:
Proverbs 27:6
Faithful are the [Ps 141:5; Prov 20:30] wounds of a friend,But deceitful are the [Matt 26:49] kisses of an enemy.
And Bishop Thomas went to break it down as such:
Sometimes a FRIEND will tell us things we may not like. And in the end, that same thing that was told to us, can help to change our situations or perspective on life and end up being a blessing to us in the end.
But be very careful of those that tells us anything or sugar coat things, they aren't doing us any good.
_______________
This got me to thinking. Yes, even though you hurt my feelings, I appreciate you. We've always been true to one another. And we've become great friends. I appreciate your honesty and your never sugar coating things for me. You'll never know just how much.
That was something I needed to hear, and I know it's something I need to work on. You were right!
Thank you!!!
love ya...
Nora...
Dwindling Thoughts
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment